
The underground is still efficient and amazing. Seems a tad warmer down there now, though. One thing that amazed me: In one station, the usual print ads lining the escalator walls had been replaced with animated monitors showing paid advertisements. Very clever, you Brits!


Photography from the top of a double decker is fun! They're a great way to get familiar with the city, as well.



London is growing and changing rapidly. From the ground, it is obvious that the city's skyline has altered. From the top of St. Paul's, we could really see these changes in action. There are cranes everywhere! And at least 2-3 new skyscrapers since I last visited in 2000.

One particular neighborhood, Little Venice, is actually more reminiscent of Amsterdam than it is Italy. Regardless, it's colorful, bohemian, and makes for an interesting walk.


Another neighborhood just south of the Thames, Borough, is full of film locations. We visited the primary setting for Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, as well as Bridget Jones' flat!

Wagamama is still the bomb. Yaki soba never looked so good. Fortunately, it doesn't "cost a bomb" (as Neil would say) either.
gorgeous pics! The buildings are amazing and as always, your photography skills make us feel like we are there. i LOVE your cute white and green skirt!
ReplyDeleteYaki Soba = tasteeeee. I think I told you I missed out on it the last trip because the restaurant was 'out of it'. Blah.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to give me a better idea where the neighborhood you visited was, I love the pic. At first I thought it was the old style neighborhood just south of the Thames and a bit east of Waterloo station, but I don't think so now. You should visit that little area next time. It's not very big, but it's a great little find. The bonus treat comes in from visiting the awesome little pastry shop there.