Tuesday, July 05, 2005

DAY 08: Road to Rome.

We are here in Rome now! It was a long day travelling... started off taking a boat to Salerno with our new Swedish friends. They got off in Amalfi and we said a sad goodbye. We had a great time with them. In Salerno, we picked up a crappy, gypsy-infested train that took us to the Eurostar in Naples. After another hour or so, we arrived!

This city is more walkable than I remember. Tonight, we went from our hotel near the Colosseum to Trevi Fountain to the Spanish Steps. Looking at a map before the trip, I did not think this would be doable. It was a nice walk, though... and surprisingly, the weather tonight is lovely.

Anyhow, we are going to bed early tonight. No Swedes to keep us up. LOL.

On another note, Shawn's bag finally arrived around 7 pm last night. We were about to leave for dinner and the bellman came up saying "Cè un miracolo!", which you can probably guess, means "It's a miracle!" It truly was. Nothing seems to be missing and we have clean pants. Woo.

Dinner last night was also interesting. We went with the Swedes on a private boat to a neighboring village, Praiano. The food was not as good as we had hoped, but it was pretty glamorous leaving Positano on our own freaking boat. Man, the Amalfi Coast was sweet.

Well, we had better turn in. This computer is just too slow and we do not feel like getting ripped off... ciao for now! Hugs and love to everyone... xoxo, h&s

PS Thanks again to Sis and Mom for the updates... keep em coming! We appreciate the litter box duty (or shall I say 'doodie' as well!).

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the bag finally arrived. I was hoping it would arrive before you had to leave.
    Guess you have somewhere to stay if you ever decide to visit Sweden.
    Erika said she took out the trash last night (Monday) and you've still been getting your mail and also got 3 newspapers since you've been gone. Guess kitties are still doing okay, although Lucy was meowing like usual when Erika was holding her Sunday night.
    I also need you let me know where we are to pick you up at the airport since I didn't know if they had 2 levels like Indpls. Erika has requested Sundays off again, so she is planning on coming with me and if Dave feels like it after his week of reffing in Louisville, he may come too, so not sure if we will be in the car or Trail Blazer. Glad to hear you're having fun, so enjoy it while you can. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sorry I'm just now posting. Kristi and I were on our own romantic adventure in Greensboro NC. It was AWESOME! Gwar decapitated the President on stage and let his blood spew all over the audience! Brilliant!!! I won't even say what they did to the pope (out of respect for your trip to Rome). Looks like you guys are having a blast. I bet those Swedes were big Fireside fans, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey H&S! I just got caught up on your travel exploits. Sounds like you've been having a blast, even when you were temporarily sans underpants. Since the Amalfi Coast appears to be the most beautiful place on earth, I guess it's no wonder. Hope you are enjoying Rome now, too. Eat some pizza! They know how to make a fiiiiine pizza there.

    ReplyDelete