On our way back to the hotel, we were heaped into a mini-bus with other diners. Oddly, we all hit it off, and ended up hanging out with a couple of Swedes and Aussies down on the beach back in town. From here we had some drinks and watched the fireworks from the festival high above us.
Today we took a jet boat to the island of Capri with the Swedes (Henrik and Erica). They've been together for 14 years, are both 31, and are very friendly (not to mention they speak impeccable English). The boat ride itself was worth the price of admission, with lovely blue water, sunshine, and once-in-a-lifetime views of the island and Positano.
After a drink and gelato (naturally), we split off and took a chair lift to the top of the highest point on Capri. The 360 degree view was dizzying (as was the bus ride to the lift). We took 200 pictures, so you'll be seeing it sometime, although I doubt anything can do it justice.
Now we're back in Positano, and rumor has it that our luggage may be en route to our hotel. Hopefully this means that H won't have to wash her underwear in the sink tonight, and I might actually wear a different shirt for the first time in 3 days. :)
We're off to relax on our balcony (see picture below for a taste of our view).
Ciao!
I did not wish a sore throat on you, that was such a horrible feeling on a trip.
ReplyDeletePosting this from my Treo on the Lake with Chris and his family. Hope it was true about your luggage arriving.
I'm envious about the cliff side dinner, sounded great.
Happy Anniversary (a day late)
Duane-O
That sounds like a wonderful time. Erika, Greg & I went to your house and changed the kitty litter box, aren't you jealous. The kitties are fine and I think Erika is spending the night at our house tonight, the first night she hasn't spent at your house, since we are all off work tomorrow. On our way home we stopped at Pizza Express, not quite the cliffside dining experience, but was still yummy. Hope the luggage arrives and you get to change your clothes soon. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteGreetings,
ReplyDeleteShawn only had one shirt for three days? As rough as that is on Heather, it must be killing him. :)
Glad to see you're both enjoying yourselves in a big way. I spent last week teaching 10-14 year olds the importance of plotting for animation. Wheeeee.
Incidentally, Shawn, the BG marathon on SciFi is Wednesday; I plan to tape the whole farging iceberg so that you may watch upon your return.
Enjoy the rest of your trip, you two; happy anniversary!
Later,
Troy
Thanks for writing everyone... it is good to hear from you all. =)
ReplyDeleteAs jealous as we are of missing out on the Robb outing, we have been jetting around the Amalfi Coast... which ain't half bad.
Talk to everyone soon!